Monday, December 1, 2008

THE UPSETTA SOUND

The Upsetta Sound ship keeps sailing smoothly...
After tremendous feedback from our first single - "Come to Pass" by Determine (which is already being "remixed"),
Upsetta Sound are very proud to release its first single on its Dark Alley Riddim:
"Money" by Fudgie Springer

The riddim was created specifically for this particular tune, "Money" by Fudgie Springer. The riddim is dark, fierce and moving ... while the lyrics are well written, powerful and demand attention!


A little about the song from Fudgie Springer himself: "When I recorded this track I jokingly said I finally have a song that I can play for my mother (and she did hear a lot of the song when I listened to samples that Upsetta sent me in the car). Well the track is complete. Money is a ballad (I am actually singing on this track [ nuff tuning lol]) about poor peoples struggles and lack of readily available opportunities. It is a message to "Rich People" that poor people are not willing to accept that we are destined for lives of poverty and hardship but we will strive and progress by any means necessary. I tell the story that in this most recent recession I came home from an event feeling broke and before mi go a mi bed mi meds dah tune yah. It is not the typical Springer song. Actually this song is nothing like any song I have done previously so give it a listen and any comments and or criticisms are welcome. Big up Upsetta for giving me the opportunity to record and release this track and show the people dem say "Di whore" have likkle versatility." Listen, learn - love it - pass it on

No comments: