Wednesday, December 3, 2008

THE SPECIALS TO TOUR IN 2009!!!

STOP PRESS!!!


News reaches us that THE SPECIALS are to tour in April & May next year

Singer Terry Hall told NME that the ska legends will be reuniting next year to celebrate 30 years since they first had a UK Top 10 hit. He said: "It's the right time to [reunite]. We talked about it at 25 but we weren't together enough. Now we're all getting on and it feels comfortable again."
Hall confirmed that Neville Staple, Roddy Radiation, Sir Horace Gentleman, John Bradbury and Lynval Golding, all original members, would be taking part in the reunion. Jerry Dammers will not be involved because he "doesn't want to tour". However, Hall added: "I think he wants to do stuff ... so the door is definitely not closed."

Terry has also said he can't wait to play old favourites: "I'm looking forward to playing Ghost Town. Stereotype will also be fun and I think we might be doing Maggie's Farm too."

I for one can't wait and I'm already dusting off the Harrington and polishing up my Loafers!! Brixton here I come!!!!!!


The Specials tour dates:
Newcastle Academy (April 22)
Sheffield Academy (23)
Birmingham Academy (25, 26)
Glasgow Academy (28)
Manchester Apollo (May 3)
London Brixton Academy (6, 7)


Tickets go on sale December 11, go to http://www.thespecials.com/ for more information.

No comments: